Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Reclaim Antique Door Tables

These two doors and heart pine beam sections were bought by a client of mine outside of Greenville, South Carolina.  She wanted one to use as a TV stand and one to use as a patio table.


I had to pull quite a few nails out of the beams.

The top image is the grey heart pine beam.
The second image is after a light sanding.
The final image is after a few hand-waxings.

The lock mechanism was all intact.  I took it apart because I wanted to see it.


I fabricated steel brackets to hold the TV stand together and used reclaim cedar planks for the bottom shelf.  Nothing off the shelf.  I was too busy fabricating to take pictures, but I should have.  Oops.


The patio table was welded together out of 2-1/2" steel box tube since it was going to live outside. 


Painted gloss black and bolted to the bottom.
Simple and practical design. 


For inquiries and questions:
678-640-3973

-J. Drew Silvers
Metro Atlanta
Worldwide Shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment